BPS Weekly Update 1/28/22

BPS Weekly Update 1/28/22
Posted on 01/29/2022
This is the image for the news article titled BPS Weekly Update 1/28/22


COVID Protocol Reminder

We received and distributed the take home tests for staff this week. Staff should begin rapid testing before work on Monday, January 31st as a part of the Department of Elementary and Secondary survey testing program. If positive, please stay home and isolate for five days.

We sent out the form for families to opt-in their students to this new program. Even if you have already given your consent to have your child(ren) participate in the former Test and Stay Program, this new at-home testing opportunity is voluntary and only those who opt-in will receive tests. To restate, you will need to opt in to this new protocol. Your prior consent does not apply. We will add the opt-in link to the bottom of this transcript. Please click on the link in the language that you need to read the survey.



Chinese (Simplified)


Haitian Creole





We are scheduled to receive take-home, rapid tests for students who have opted into the program next week. If you are participating in the survey testing, you are asked to test your child on Monday morning, February 7th prior to school. Although you can, you do not need to test your child if they have had COVID in the last 90 days. We have heard from some medical professionals that the latest variant can break through and reinfect during this immunity period. If positive, please keep your child home and remain isolated for five days. We will provide a link for both staff and families to report positive test results. We do not need to be informed about negative results.

With consent, we will continue testing symptomatic students at school before sending them home.

If you have questions, please contact [email protected].

Before and After School Program
Although overseen by a different state agency, we are following the same school protocols in the after school program. In other words, we are no longer contact tracing to identify students who need to be quarantined. We will be sending symptomatic students home.

Fox Hill Warrant Article
We will be asking Town Meeting to support our next step in the state’s process toward a new Fox Hill School. The state school building authority requires the Town to accept their enrollment projections and a Town Meeting vote to authorize and fund a feasibility study before we can continue on their seven year timeline.

The $1.5 million will allow the school district to hire an Owner’s Project Manager and a Designer to study our programs and our building site to determine possible options and potential costs. Without this funding we are not able to continue onto the phase 2 Feasibility module, and therefore not eligible for the additional state funding for the formal design and construction phase of the project.

We are aware of the pending snowstorm predicted for Saturday. We will work closely with the Burlington DPW to check on the condition of the roads and schools for Monday. We thank all of the Town and School employees who will work tirelessly on Sunday to hopefully have us ready for school.