Records Access Officer
In July of 2016, Gov. Charlie Baker signed a bill, Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016, "An Act to Improve Public Records". This Bill takes takes effect on January 1, 2017.
- A Guide to Massachusetts Public Records Law: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prepdf/guide.pdf
- Making a Request for Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prereq/reqidx.htm
- Appeal a Denial of Access to Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/preapp/appidx.htm
- Electronic Records management Guidelines: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcpdf/Electronic_Records_Guidelines.pdf
- Public Record Appeal Status: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/AppealsWeb/AppealsStatus.aspx
- Public Records Access, 950 CMR 32: http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/900-999cmr/950cmr32.pdf
*Please note that some of the attached websites are not up to date. As soon as the Secretary of States websites are updated, these will be updated.