SPRING SENIOR CAPSTONE PROJECT
Burlington Public High School encourages seniors to complete a technology related Capstone Project or Certification Program during their 4th quarter. Industry mentors are an important part of this experience, and meet with students during weekly “office hours” at lunch on Fridays in April and May.
This program was initiated by two engineers from MITRE, who wanted to share their passion for technology and inspire the next generation. The model is called the “Flipped Internship”, and offers students the unique opportunity to get computer science career related work experiences at a young age.
To get involved, fill out our CS Pathway Volunteer Form.
BURLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL, Main Entrance
123 Cambridge Street, Burlington MA, Lower Library
Students come into the school as if it were a real job.
Meetings will be virtual during the 2020-2021 School Year.
Capstone Projects are during April - Mid-May (no meetings during school vacation week)
Meeting times are during Lunch - Fridays at 12:30 - 1:30.
Teachers are always available during Office Hours to assist mentors and match them to students, and will assist with virtual meetings.
Mentors meet with one or a small group of students, and students share their project ideas and progress. Mentors can:
Share career experiences & pathways
Help with project planning
- Do I have to be an engineer to participate?
- I want to get involved but can’t commit to every week.
- I want to help, but not at those times.
- What professional skills are you looking for?
- Is there training for Mentors?
- Do a few hours really make a difference?
- I’d like to do a workshop for the students.
- Before meeting students, please complete the CORI check