School Opening Plan
BPS GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR OPENING SCHOOL :
- Opening plan should reflect the safety recommendations by the MA Department of Public Health for both students and staff.
- Social-emotional & physical wellness of students and staff takes precedence over academics
- Remote/on-line learning cannot replicate students’ experiences in their school communities with their teachers, administrators, peers, and support staff.
- The more independent the learner, the lower the negative impact of remote learning.
- Students who require specialized supports to reenter school will have a different reentry to meet their needs.
- The district will prepare to seamlessly move between in-person instruction and remote instruction, if the school buildings are closed again.
- Transportation will not be guaranteed as prior to the Pandemic.
- Collaboration between grade levels and subject areas within and across schools will be prioritized for consistency and coherence.
- Special subject areas - art, music, physical education, library, and computer science will continue to be an important component of learning.
- Every opportunity will be made to have instruction happen outside.
- We are committed to providing technology for all students that can be accessed at home and at school and will expand our 1:1 learning program for home use.
- Student privacy will be considered in all applications used for remote learning.
COVID - 19 RESOURCES
We have a form for families to submit questions that they have.
If there is something that you need a more rapid response to, please call our emergency number (781) 238-4674. Even though we are closed, we have staff checking this line frequently between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.