Welcome to Burlington High!
SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER
- Meet your counselor
- Attend small group guidance meetings – your counselor will send a pass for you
- Familiarize yourself with BHS (the building, schedule, etc) Building Map
- Get to know your teachers
- Attend the Activities Fair in the Caf. and join a club or sports team
- Think about taking challenging classes if you can (Honors, AP in the future)
- Develop good study habits now to ease the transition from middle school to high school courses
NOVEMBER - JANUARY
- First quarter closes in November. See your teachers or counselor if you are struggling in class!
- Log-in to Naviance program and explore college and career possibilities.
- Create your four-year academic plan on Naviance.
- Prepare and study for your mid-year exams
FEBRUARY - MARCH
- Discuss your course selections with your parents/guardians, teachers and counselor.
- Start to explore careers that might interest you – see your counselor to get started.
- Explore worthwhile summer activities: work, camp, volunteering, classes, etc.
APRIL - MAY
- Discuss with your counselor the possible need to take SAT Subject Tests.
- Continue to focus on academics, keep working hard!
- See your teachers/counselors if you are struggling in class
- Science MCAS test
- Prepare for final exams. Study!
- Remember as we head toward summer that the best way to get a good SAT Critical Reading score when you’re a junior is to keep READING now!
- Participate in a meaningful summer activity and also, have fun!
- Get off to a good start academically- do your summer reading!
- Get involved with a summer club or sport.
- If interested, remember to sign up for fall sports in late August!