Welcome to Sophomore Year!
- Get off to a good start academically
- Get involved with a club or sport [ attend the Activity Fair for ideas ]
- Take the PSAT (during school hours) at BHS
- Attend College Fair
- Check in with your counselor
- Complete Personality Survey on Naviance
- Maintain focus on academics
- PSAT results mailed home; review with counselor if you like
- Fully prepare for mid-year exams
- Review Personality Survey results with your counselor
- Discuss your course selections with your parents, teachers and counselor
- Complete “Do What You Are” survey and review with Ms. Diozzi
- Pay attention to links “About Me,” “My Game Plan” and “College Search”
- Explore worthwhile summer enrichment activities: work, camp, classes, etc. [ See email and “colleges” tab on Naviance for “enrichment.”]
- If you take the PLAN assessment in March, use the results to explore career options
APRIL - MAY
- Take the MCAS
- Discuss with your counselor the possible need to take SAT Subject Tests
- Prepare for final exams
- Remember as we head toward summer that the best way to get a good SAT Critical Reading score is to READ!
- Participate in a meaningful summer activity, relax and have fun!
Sophomore Student Resources: