Work Permits

If you are between the ages of 14 and 18, you will need Working Papers prior to starting a new job. To obtain an Application for Working Papers, you may either download a copy of the form from this web page or you may come to the Guidance 
Department located at Burlington High School.

You will need to complete the application for working papers and if you are between the ages of 14 and 15, you will need to have a physician’s signature on page #2 of the application for work permit. The physician’s signature verifies that you are in sound health and physically able to perform the work.

The Guidance Department will need to receive the completed work permit application in order to give you a Work Permit. The student must be present when turning in the completed application. 

If you have questions, please contact Theresa Cavanaugh or Anisha Shaikh in the BHS Guidance Department.
781-270-1827 or 781-270-1853

The Application for Working Papers also contains a Summary of the Massachusetts Laws Regulating Minors’ Work Hours and Occupation Restrictions.

Work Permit Application