Virtual Learning

Students in grade 12 (and grade 11 then 10, if openings are available) may enroll in a school-sponsored virtual course. Students should have a strong academic record as it is anticipated that virtual courses will require at least as much time, organization and preparation as current Burlington High School Advanced Placement, Honors or College Prep courses. Students must have the ability to work independently and possess solid computer skills. Students not meeting the criteria but wishing to enroll, must submit their request in writing to the principal during the prescribed enrollment period, which will result in a review of current academic performance, test scores and teacher feedback. The principal will then make the final decision.

The following guidelines apply:
1. Students may only enroll in courses not available to them at Burlington High School.

2. Core course requirements cannot be met through virtual courses.

3. Students may only enroll in one virtual course per semester, and they must file an application in the spring.
All virtual courses will not be counted toward G.P.A, but the grade will still be reflected on the transcript.

4. Students must report to an assigned area during the scheduled period. The virtual course instructor, not the Site Coordinator, will determine grades, which will be submitted to Burlington High School for report cards and transcripts.

5. The Administration and Counseling Department may allow for virtual courses to accommodate specific and unusual individual student needs (i.e., irresolvable scheduling conflicts, transfer situations, etc). Students will be able to use VHS courses to meet graduation requirements. These will be handled on a case by case basis. All decisions should be considered final).

Students must sign up for a normal full course load at BHS. Also they must file a separate virtual application.

Students will be notified if they are accepted into their chosen virtual course and
their schedule will be adjusted accordingly over the summer.

Please see your Counselor for an application.