As a culminating activity to their study of the book The Lemonade War, Mrs. Saia's third grade class at Fox Hill took part in a Shark Tank activity with a group of guest sharks. The class split into four teams and each team came up with their own unique proposal to entice an investor to support its plans for a lemonade stand. The proposals included the following:
- A request for a specific amount of money from the sharks.
- An explanation of what the shark's money would be used for.
- A promise regarding when the shark's investment would be repaid.
- An explanation of why the proposal will be successful and how the sharks would benefit in the endeavor.
- A digital promotion plan to market the lemonade stand.
In the end, the sharks were so impressed by the level of detail that each team put into their plan that each of the four sharks backed one of the teams. Check out each team of entrepreneurs below: