The Burlington High School DECA club brought 50 of its members to the State Competition March 7-9 in Boston and finished with its best performance ever as a club! Following this tremendous showing, DECA advisors, Krista Anderson and Danielle Trouve, will be bringing 11 students to Orlando in April for DECA's International Competition and Leadership Development Conference.
During the conference, students were evaluated on both a business knowledge test and their ability to creatively and coherently present a business solution to a judge. Burlington High School students were recognized quite a few times in front of the 2000+ student competitors at States: Those students who won recognition include:
- Hailey Bourgeois and Victoria Cruz, 3rd on their test and 5th Place Overall on their Marketing Paper about fellow student Alison Pinkham's "Scrunched Up" Business
- Connor Collins and Maggie Forbush, 6th Place overall on their Marketing Paper about Yogibo
- Josh Coughlin, 5th place overall Retail Merchandising
- Liam Brown, 7th place overall Retail Merchandising
- Kara Martin, 2nd Place Medals on both role plays and 2nd place overall, Hotel and Lodging Management
- Jessie Goober, 8th Place Entrepreneurship
- Savni Sarolkar, 9th place Human Resources
- Colleen McMakin, 5th Place Overall Automotive Services Marketing
- Michael Winters, 4th Place Overall Quick Serve Marketing, 2nd place Medal on his Role Play
- Carli Boodakian, 3rd place Medal for her Role Play
The following students will be attending the International Competition in Orlando this April:
Competing: Hailey Bourgeois, Josh Coughlin, Kara Martin, Colleen McMakin, Michael Winters
Selected to attend Leadership Development: Maggie Forbush, Shea Riley, Megan Murphy, Lucas DiLibero, Michael Magnarelli, Liam Brown
The advisors are grateful for the support of colleagues Sheila Kennedy and Daniela DeSousa who assisted in chaperoning the students over the weekend.